‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ Will Film Late Summer; Seth Rogen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt & More Join Cast
After pre-production was put on pause in December, Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ will now film late summer.
Sorkin will direct the movie, from his own screenplay. His recent feature film outing was his directorial debut ‘Molly’s Game’ from 2017. Further, he is most famous for ‘The West Wing’ and ‘The Social Network.’
Moreover, the cast now includes:
- Sacha Baron Cohen (‘Alice Through the Looking Glass,’ ‘Who is America?’)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (‘Snowden,’ ‘Comrade Detective’)
- Jonathan Majors (‘White Boy Rick,’ ‘Lovecraft Country’)
- Eddie Redmayne (‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald ,’ ‘The Aeronauts’)
- Seth Rogen (‘Long Shot,’ ‘Invincible’)
- Alex Sharp (‘The Hustle,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel fka ‘The Long Night’)
Sorkin said the following about his passion project:
“I’m thrilled to be making a movie about one of one of the craziest, funniest, most intense, most tragic and most triumphant trials in American history. C-7 may take place in the late ’60’s, but there’s no better time to tell this story than today.”
However, there is currently no release date yet.