Tim Story’s ‘Tom and Jerry’ Moves Up Four Months, Will Now Release December 23, 2020
The upcoming live-action/hybrid feature adaptation of the animated series ‘Tom and Jerry’ has moved up to December 23, 2020, out of the original April 16, 2021 slot. An untitled event film has taken the vacated April date (‘Shazam! 2’ perhaps? ‘The Suicide Squad’ moving up?).
Moreover, the premise of the film is below:
“Tom the cat and Jerry Mouse getting kicked out of their home and relocating to a fancy New York hotel where a scrappy employee named Kayla will lose her job if she can’t evict Jerry before a high-class wedding at the hotel. Her solution? Hiring piano playing Tom to get rid of the pesky mouse.”
Also, the cast members and their roles are below:
- Jordan Bolger (‘Peaky Blinders,’ ‘The 100’) as Cameron.
- Rob Delaney (‘Catastrophe,’ ‘Deadpool 2’) as DuBros.
- Ken Jeong (‘The Hangover,’ ‘Crazy Rich Asians’) as Jackie.
- Colin Jost (‘Saturday Night Live,’ ‘‘How to Be Single’) in an unknown role.
- Chloë Grace Moretz (‘Kick-Ass,’ ‘Suspiria’) as Kayla, a new temporary hire at the hotel.
- Michael Peña (‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ ‘Narcos: Mexico’) as Terrance, the deputy general manager of the Park Hotel.
- Pallavi Sharda (‘Lion,’ ‘Strike Back’) as Preeta.
Additionally, the studio shot the film in the real world, with 2D animated versions of the familiar cat and mouse pair. Since Tom and Jerry didn’t speak and relied on physical comedy to draw laughs, this version will stick to that style and not cast actors to voice the duo.
Tim Story (‘Ride Along’ and 2000’s ‘Fantastic Four’ franchises) serves as director. The screenplay is from Bryan Schulz & Cornelius Uliano (‘The Peanuts Movie’), Kevin Costello (‘Brigsby Bear’), April Prosser (‘The Last Summer’), and Katie Silberman (‘Booksmart’).
Meanwhile, filming may or not still be underway in Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden.
The untitled film will now be up against Universal’s ‘The Croods 2.’